Bollini RosaArgento acknowledge those care facilities for the elderly, both public and private, that stand out for their services and their attentiveness towards their patients. These facilities excel both from a medical perspective and, most importantly, in their humane approach to treating their residents.
Care and nursing home can apply for this recognition by completing a questionnaire of over 100 questions, which is then evaluated by an Advisory Board. Questions range from the characteristics of the facility to the services it offers.
An algorithm analyses the answers and assigns a mark (from 1 to 3 Bollini RosaArgento), which are then validated.
These facilities become part of a national network of care and nursing homes that are recognised for promoting the dignity and respect of their residents.
Bollini RosaArgento is also a tool to guide and support families when choosing the most appropriate facility that meets their specific needs of their loves one.
This initiative is supported by 13 organisations that include Scientific Societies and no-profit organisations committed to the care of the elderly. Their common goals are:
- To promote the health and dignity of elderly patients
- To improve the accessibility of care facilities and their services to those affected with dementia, disabilities and comorbidities
- To improve the level of care and of therapeutic services at care and nursing homes by creating positive competition between facilities.
- To decrease unessential hospital stays, and thus reduce costs for the national health system
- To support families and carers in identifying the most appropriate facility for their loves ones.
Between 2019 and 2020, 153 facilities have been rewarded this recognition. Most of these are located in northern Italy.
For more information, visit the Italian website www.bollinirosaargento.it.